Round Valley High School
In grades 9-12, extracurricular activities are defined as:
- All competitive activities that involve more than one school and where a winner of rating is determined (e.g., athletic events, speech or drama competition between schools, and band or choir ratings among schools).
- Co-curricular activities are defined as those activities held in conjunction with graded class responsibilities.
- Should credit be given for a class, students who participate in noncompetitive events (e.g., half-time show for band, local concerts, school plays, and activities of a noncompetitive nature) are required to meet extracurricular requirements. Noncompetitive options (alternatives) need to be provided for students when credit is earned. Any activity where the student represents RVHS will be covered by the eligibility policy.
- It is the responsibility of the teacher, coach, or sponsor to notify each student who has been put on the ineligibility policy.
- Teachers will be available each day from 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. and from 3:05 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. to assist students who wish to work on improving their grades. Other times can also be arranged between students and teachers.
- A master ineligibility list will be updated weekly and will be delivered to the principal’s office by noon on Friday.
- The minimum academic requirements for participation in extracurricular and co-curricular activities are: no F’s, however the student must be given a warning of a D or the first F will be counted as a warning. (This warning week will prevent the student from going from a grade of A, B, or C, down to an F in one week).
- A student who does not meet these requirements on a weekly basis is ineligible to participate from Monday through Saturday of the following week. The student’s parent is to be notified by the coach or sponsor.
- Eligibility for special education students will be determined on a case-by-case basis, based upon individual needs as documented in the individualized education plan.
- The cultural traditions of students will be considered when establishing or enforcing rules related to participation in extracurricular and co-curricular activities.